New York Independent General Adjuster License Exam-Prep Course
**This course is currently not available for new enrollments as we finalize a major update. The new NY Adjuster Exam Prep Course is projected for release in mid-September 2023.
The New York Independent General Adjuster license exam proudly boasts its reputation as the most difficult adjuster licensing course in the United States. It requires study and knowledge of more lines of insurance business than any other state, PLUS accident and health insurance, the language of medical reports and medical terminology, and vehicle parts and construction.
Fortunately, AE21 Online is now proud to introduce the “New York Independent General Adjuster License Exam-Prep Course”as the fastest, most flexible, and most effective learning experience for preparing and passing the New York IGA License Exam as administered by Prometric. The course is specifically designed to address the needs of both entry-level and experienced adjusters seeking licensure. Completion is self-paced and provides the ultimate flexibility in whatever learning style that suits you best. For instance…
If you are new to the world of insurance, the course introduces you to its products and policies and to the adjusting profession. You will be exposed to both principles and practices, and you’ll be required to interact with course material in order to gauge your level of understanding as you move through the program. On the other hand, if you have experience in insurance and/or adjusting, the course allows YOU the flexibility to pick the subjects/lessons you need to study and in what order you wish to follow.
The course comes complete with tips, strategies and unlimited Practice Exams to fully prepare you to PASS the New York IGA Licensing Exam. Each time you take the Practice Exam, the course randomly selects another group questions, in just the right amount “per subject area”, just like the officialNew York exam; and at the conclusion of each Practice Exam, the system provides correct/incorrect feedback on each question and refers you to the section of exam outline from which the question was drawn.
Are you “Old School” and prefer paper? If so, we’ve got you covered there too. In the Course Materials you will find, among other helpful documents, the Adjuster Licensing Study Manual. In addition to addressing the material in the online course, this manual provides more than 400 pages of easy to read text covering the insurance products, policies, and claims handling practices that go well beyond what’s needed to pass the state licensing examination. Various PDF documents covering unusual areas of practice are easily downloaded or printed for later “offline” viewing and study. For those who want to know more, the Adjuster Licensing Study Manual is provided as an easily accessed additional resource, including additional practice exam questions that are not provided in the online course. You can even download, print, and bind for repeated use later on after you have your license.
Study any way you want, and any time you want! The course is self-paced, so go as fast or slow as you wish. When you logout, the course always remembers where you were when you left off. Then, when YOU are confident and ready to take the New York Independent General Adjuster Licensing exam, go for it! Good Luck!
- Introduction and Instructions
- New York Insurance Regulations
- Insurance Basics, Principles, and Concepts
- Adjusting Losses
- Accident and Health Insurance Basics
- The Medical Anatomy of Casualty Insurance and Understanding the Language of Medical Reports
- Dwelling and Homeowners Insurance
- Personal and Commercial Auto Insurance
- Vehicle Parts & Construction
- Commercial Package Policies
- Commercial General Liability (CGL)
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Commercial Crime Insurance
- Commercial Inland Marine Insurance
- Boiler and Machinery (aka Equipment Breakdown)
- Farm Coverage
- The Businessowners (BOP) Policy
- Workers Compensation Laws
- Surety and Fidelity Bonds
- Aviation Hull and Liability Coverage
- Other Coverages
- New York Laws, Rules and Coverages
- New York Practice Exam
For the low cost of $199 you will receive:
- 100% Online and Self-Paced Study Course
- Printable Adjuster Practices Manual and State Law Addendum
- Mock Practice Exams With Unlimited Retakes… a New Exam Every Time!
- 6-month Access (extensions available)
- Subject-Matter Support from Our Claims Experts
- Technical Support
Frequently Asked Questions
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be trustworthy and competent
- Have never been convicted of felony or any crime or offense involving fraudulent or dishonest practices
- Be fingerprinted through https://www.identogo.com/
- Submit 5 Certificates of Character (details contained in the licensing application)
- Provide a $1,000 bond to cover the licensing period
- Include a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Board of Parole if you have committed a felony or crime involving fraudulent or dishonest practices
This program is a flexible study aid that can be used at your discretion and in the way that best suits you to prepare for the New York adjuster licensing exam. Many choose to go through the entire program, complete every lesson in order, and then take the practice exam a few times. However, it is also possible to use the course to study only specific areas... for example, a seasoned adjuster who just moved to New York and now needs a New York license may only need to study up on New York's unique laws and regulations. Therefore, it is not even necessary to fully "complete" the program.
As noted in the FAQ above, a pre-licensing course/certificate is not required to sit for the state test.